Who are we?
A comprehensive health council for ALL of Socorro County.
Our Mission: We will work Together!
· To provide a method for community health decision making.
· To identify and prioritize health safety needs.
· To establish and plan strategies for community health goals.
For the improvement of the health and quality of the life in families and individuals of Socorro County.
What do we do?
· Create and distribute resource directories and information across the county.
· Participate and Partner in multiple community programs with a variety of organizations, including; Department of Health, Presbyterian Hospital, Presbyterian Medical Services, MRGEDA, JJB, NAMI, Healthy KIDS, NMT ASAP, Students Offering Solutions, and MORE!
· Coordination of local service providers and partners to address various issues affecting our county.
· Plan and Participate in community events such as; maze of life, community forum, fun feast and more.
Offer a variety of free trainings for our community members including Narcan, QPR, Mental Health First Aid, CPR and More!
WE CONNECT COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND RESOURCES!
Promoting Healthy Eating and Active Living.
Relationship building & collaboration activities.
Informing citizens about available resources and addressing priority areas.
Public awareness campaigns centered around public health.
Addressing the stigma related to mental health and substance misuse.
Collaborating with stakeholders and community members to address the needs of our community.
Empowering Community Organizations and Individuals to make Socorro County a safer and healthier community.